· Newest Member: JoeRas
View Thread
 Print Thread
2019 TX Gathering of the Guard, 05 - 07 April 2019
markwells
#1 Print Post
Posted on 12/20/2018 12:29
Administrator

Riders, the Austin PGR region is hosting next year's Gathering of the Guard. It will take place at the Heart of Texas Resort near Ink's Lake. I've toured this location (and some others), and it looks like it will work out well. The accommodations are spacious and in good repair, and it's right in the heart of some great Central Texas riding country. Plenty to do and explore in the area as well.

Friday, April 5 to Sunday, April 7.

https://heartofte...esort.com/

There are cabins, condos, and RV sites. The rates you see will be discounted 20% for us, so be sure to identify yourself as part of the PGR when booking. Call 512-756-7766, Ruth Ann or Kenny.

Only three months away now. Lodging is filling up, so don't delay in making your plans.

Join riders from across the state for a fun weekend. Any questions, call or email me.

Mark Wells
Austin Region Deputy State Captain
512-470-0380

Edited by markwells on 12/20/2018 12:26
Mark Wells
Austin

markwells
#2 Print Post
Posted on 02/01/2019 06:38
Administrator

pgr.fojit.com/images/GOTG%20donation%20flyer.jpg

Riders, the Gathering is not only a fun get-together for PGR from across the state, it is also a fundraiser for the TX PGR. As part of that we are having an auction on Saturday night (4/6).

We have some cool things already collected (custom quilt, LTC class, gun range time, bodacious knife, etc), but we need more nice things, the sort of stuff which YOU would like to have.

If you know of a person or company who would be interested in contributing to the PGR in this way, here is a donation flyer which you can print and use.

Any questions please call, email, or message me. Thanks!
Mark Wells
Austin

markwells
#3 Print Post
Posted on 02/10/2019 19:02
Administrator

Riders, registration is now open for the Gathering of the Guard. If you have not booked a room or RV spot at the Resort, very little to none are left.

Got here to sign up either by mail or on-line. https://gotg-2019...reate.com/
Mark Wells
Austin

markwells
#4 Print Post
Posted on 03/19/2019 06:39
Administrator

Riders, just a reminder that registration for the GOTG is $40 until March 23, after which it is $45. Register on-line or my mail.

https://gotg-2019...reate.com/
Mark Wells
Austin

markwells
#5 Print Post
Posted on 04/07/2019 20:04
Administrator

What a great weekend we enjoyed with fellow Texas PGR. The unsettled weather across the state kept some away, but the 70 or so attendees had a great time nonetheless. It didn't actually rain on us at the resort until we were packing up to leave on Sunday.

We were touched beyond words by an address after dinner on Saturday by Jodie Missildine, a Gold Star Mom who with her husband drove over from east Texas to be with us. My goodness, I've been doing this PGR thing for 13 yrs, and I do not think I have been so profoundly moved by a testimony from the other side of the flag line. Thank you, Jodie & Mike!

Everything went more smoothly than I could have hoped, thanks in most part to the outstanding work from our GOTG "committee". As you can imagine there are many tasks big and small to be covered, and with this group if it needed to be done it got done!

Thank you to the Austin PGR folks who made this so enjoyable: Warren & Marilyn Longacre, Keith & Linda Longacre, Soup & Nikki Campbell, & John & Patsy Wiley.

The breakfasts and BBQ dinner got a two thumbs up from everyone. Plenty of delicious food and drinks for everyone, thanks to John & Patsy who lined that up. And who knew Soup Campbell was such an entertaining and effective auctioneer? Sorry, Soup, the word is out now, expect a call from Centex who is hosting next year!

Keith provided a perfect close to the weekend with his devotional service on Sunday morning after breakfast. There is no one who can translate the spiritual side of what we do better than Keith.

As for the auction, we had a lot of fun raising money to support the Texas PGR across the state. The last item, the custom made quilt provided by the ladies at St Phillips UMC Round Rock quilting ministry, went for $900. That's great for sure, but what happened after that borders on the miraculous. I will not attempt to describe how the evening ended except to say that those in attendance were blessed beyond measure to see it.

Yours Respectfully,

Mark Wells
Deputy State Captain, Austin Region
Patriot Guard Riders
Edited by markwells on 04/08/2019 21:51
Mark Wells
Austin

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?